Tuesday, December 29, 2009

How to Understand what Makes a Person Truly Happy

It's obvious by looking at different statuses of people that money and external things are not what make people happy. Of course it can make life more comfortable, but money alone can't alleviate all of our problems and make people truly happy.

Many people base being happy upon external factors. They develop ideas that when they achieve this or gain that, then they will be truly happy in their lives. Unfortunately, the happiness that comes with these things seems to be temporary and it's not long before they start saying the phrase "I'll be happy when...."

I too have fallen into this way of thinking and came to find myself wondering "when will I be truly happy?" I started to notice that there are people who always seem to be happy no matter what was going on, and I found myself wondering, what makes them so different from me. Are they just born with a happiness gene that I was missing? Are they more worthy of being happy than I am? What is the deal here?

Luckily, I have learned what truly makes a person happy. Here are some ways to take personal responsibility for your happiness through managing a positive attitude. The best news is that doing this will cost nothing to develop or maintain!

No comments:

Post a Comment